Wednesday, July 21, 2010

No Happy Ending Massage!


I was in Johor Bahru (JB) for a day trip couple of days ago with a friend. We just wanted to have our lunch and dinner there. In between, she went for her facial in Holiday Plaza and I went for my traditional thai massage within the same building as usual.

This massage place is a hit with lots of Singaporeans who travel to JB. I mean they charge 50 Ringgit an hour or 95 Ringgit for 2 hours, isn't it cheap? You can't even do an one hour massage in Singapore with that amount but do not expect high-end spa quality and settings. It's absolutely a no frills place. The massage beds are just separated by curtains.

Since it's a no frills place and simply separated by curtains, I would expect patrons to be considerate by not talking too loudly and at least put your mobile phones on silent mode. To my horror, it's either they do not know how to set their communication device to silent mode or they just simply don't care! Their phone just keep ringing loudly and worst, they talk loudly too. And I know they are Singaporeans from their "Yah Yah! Lah Lah! Lor Lor!"

Don't they realize they are disturbing others and are totally not at the least embarrassed by it. Switching the mobile on silent mode is basic and if you really need to pick the call up, talk softly! I am absolutely disgusted by these Singaporeans who do not have public social etiquette.

Although my friends are telling me that the place is a no frills outlet and eventually will attract less classy people who have no manners. But Classy????? When have basic courtesy became a classy affair??? Isn't it a basic upbringing criteria?

To be honest, the Singaporeans are not the only ones, there were a group of Koreans guys & gals talking, laughing & giggling loudly as if the whole place belongs to them. What is there to be so funny going for a massage? As if Adam & Eve are massaging them naked? And if you ask me why I harp on Singaporeans and not the Koreans as much is because if we can't even have the basic right social etiquette ourselves, what right do we have to criticize people from other countries? Don't you agree?

The massage price was fantastic, the masseur was good but because of all these Made-In-Singapore noise pollution, it didn't end with a happy ending!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Trey, just to let u know I like to see your programme n I find u rather cute too. Hope to see u more often on tv. Serene

    ReplyDelete